“A home is security and comfort, a sense of belonging. Everyone deserves a place of refuge.” Red Door Supporter
A Desperate Need for a new Shelter
The 60 year-old building that housed our original family shelter was never meant to accommodate over 100 people a day. The age and design of the building affected our ability to provide the safe and restorative environment that families in crisis so badly need. In short, the family shelter was dilapidated, depressing, inadequate and over capacity.
Be the key to a bright future. We need your support!
Building a Community of Hope
We have an exciting opportunity to help transform the lives of homeless families by delivering high-quality support services in a new purpose-built family shelter. The original shelter has been demolished and construction of our purpose-built shelter is underway at the site. It is due to open in Spring 2020.
Key improvements will include:
- Functional and accessible
- Plenty of natural light and feels like a welcoming refuge
- Sanctuary of a lockable bedroom for each family
- Dedicated children’s programming space
- Secure and safe outdoor playground
- Secure building access system and front entrance on the side street
- First purpose-built family shelter to be part of a mixed-use development in Toronto
Your support of the Red Door is an investment in help and hope for those who need it most. We are calling on the community to support our fundraising campaign to raise $3 million for equipment, furnishings and resident services at the new shelter. To date we have raised over $2.8M from generous supporters.