Volunteers are an important part of the Red Door Family Shelter team! Their contributions allow us to provide the best service and support to our families.
We are currently recruiting Fundraising Volunteers who can help us fulfill our mission by playing an active role in fund development for current and future projects.
Fundraising Volunteers commit to one or more of our fundraising activities:
- Represent Red Door Family Shelter at events
- Participate in the monthly telephone thank-a-thon
- Plan and implement Red Door’s involvement at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon and the Toronto Waterfront 10K (e.g., recruit runners/donors, volunteer at the event, research and acquire prize incentives)
- Plan, implement and attend the annual Donor Appreciation Reception
- Identify and solicit potential new donors
Fundraising Volunteers must also be an ambassador for the Red Door among friends, family, and colleagues and encourage them to get involved, and attend quarterly meetings.
The minimum commitment for this role is one year. Training will be provided.
- Experience with planning and implementing fundraising activities
- Live or work in the community an asset
- Public speaking experience
- Be or become invested in Red Door as a financial donor
Benefits to Volunteering
- Truly making a difference in the lives of the families who rely on the services of Red Door Family Shelter
- Feeling a sense of community and have fun
- Gaining additional experience in fundraising
How to Apply
The deadline to apply for this position is Tuesday, May 31, 2016. Please complete the volunteer application form and attach a resume through our volunteer page: https://www.reddoorshelter.ca/volunteer