In an Emergency, call the Police at 911
- If you or a family you know requires shelter call Central Family Intake at 416-397-5637. Central Family Intake is the clearinghouse for family shelter beds in Toronto. They will know if we have openings and will contact us on your behalf.
- If you are a woman seeking shelter from intimate partner violence call our Crisis Line at 416-423-0310, or the Assaulted Women's Helpline at 1-866-863-0511.
- If you have pet that you cannot leave behind, let the worker who answers the phone know that you would like to use the SafePet Program through Link Coalition Toronto.
Si vous désirez obtenir des services en français, prière d’appeler la ligne FEM’AIDE au 1-877-336-2433 (24/7). Ou cliquez - http://femaide.ca/ Si vous êtes femme parlant français touchées par la violence et désirez obtenir hébergement prière d’appeler La Maison a 647-777-6433. Ou cliquez - http://www.lamaison-toronto.org/
You can find help at the Red Door. We provide:
- 24 hr safe refuge
- Crisis counselling
- Legal and immigration assistance
- On-site medical assistance and referrals
- Child care and educational programs (on-site and in local schools)
- Case Management
- Parenting and life skills training
- Assistance in finding and keeping permanent housing
- Support to furnish and move into a new home
- Ongoing help to settle families into their new home and community
Other Services and Resources
If you are homeless and need help, call Street Helpline at 1-866-392-3777 – free from any pay phone.
Distress Centres of Toronto can be reached at 416-408-4357 if you are depressed, in distress or in crisis.
Assaulted Women’s Helpline
The Assaulted Women’s Helpline at 1-866-863-0511 offers a 24-hour telephone and TTY 1-866-863-7868 crisis line for abused women in Ontario. This service is anonymous and confidential and is provided in up to 154 languages. They will discuss the warning signs of abuse you have seen and give you practical advice on ways to help.
If you have a pet that you cannot leave behind, Link Coalition Toronto's SafePet program will help you connect your pet to a temporary foster home.
Kids Help Phone
Kids Help Phone is available 24/7 at 1-800-668-6868. The website is a bilingual, anonymous, phone counselling, referral and internet service for children and youth.
City of Toronto Homeless Help
If you are outside of the Toronto area, find the women's shelter nearest to you in Canada.