Although the COVID-19 outbreak affects us all, many of you have reached out asking how you can help our families. We are deeply appreciative of your thoughtfulness and welcome your support.
There are 5 ways you can have an immediate impact:
- Purchase nutritious meals for our VAW (Violence Against Women) shelter with the Chefs Catering Buy One Give One program exclusive to Red Door. Chefs Catering will match your order, which you can enjoy now or pre-order for the future, by sending us an equivalent volume of tasty frozen meals.
- Provide gift cards for local restaurants and food delivery services so that families at our shelters can order meals. Gift Cards can be dropped off at our admin office and online gift cards can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate new games, toys, and arts and crafts for the kids and teens at our family shelter. To reduce social contact we have cancelled our childcare program. There are 65 children and we are providing supplies to help parents keep the kids entertained (and the parents sane!). Your donation can be dropped off at our admin office.
- Contribute to our Food Bank. The Food Bank at our VAW Shelter is serving vulnerable families who were previously homeless. Non-perishable foods, toilet paper, sanitation and cleaning supplies are in high demand. Your donation can be dropped off at our admin office.
- Become a Family Guardian. Cancelled fundraising events in the community mean we need our monthly donors more than ever. I know these are uncertain times, but if you can, a gift of $10 or more a month will have a big impact. Join online with a monthly gift today. We also appreciate one-time and corporate donations.
Social distancing is critical to reducing the impact of COVID-19. We have implemented a screening and distancing process at our admin office at 21 Carlaw Avenue. If you can bring donations, contact Cassandra at email@example.com or 416-915-5671 ext. 234.
We will keep you updated as the situation develops. Thank you for your continued support.