You can Give the Gift of Joy this holiday season for approx. 150 families, including those at our shelters and newly-housed families. Your gifts, toiletries, and gift cards make all the difference!
In 2017, thanks to your support, all 47 families in our shelters and 102 newly-housed families received holiday gifts. Thank you.
We must receive all donations by December 12th for distribution before December 25th, 2018. Gifts received after December 12th will be distributed in early 2019.
What our families need:
All items must be NEW AND UNUSED. PLEASE DO NOT GIFT WRAP ITEMS.
- Gifts for teens (beauty products, electronics, gift cards for clothing stores, movie theater, etc.)
- Toys for all ages
- Adult toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, deodorant, lip balm, toothbrushes, toothpastes, etc.
- New or gently used winter jackets, coats, boots
- Winter gloves, socks, scarves, hats, etc.
- New baby items: baby clothing, car seats, strollers
- Baby toiletries: diapers, baby wipes, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- Baby gift baskets for new mothers (unisex arrangements if possible).
- Kitchen items: Toasters, microwaves, dish sets, cups, blenders, cutlery, etc.
- Sheets and towels.
- Feminine Hygiene products
- Non-perishable food or grocery gift cards for our shelter food banks
Gift Cards are a versatile option that allow families to choose their own presents. These are our suggested gift amounts based on family size:
- Single adult: $100
- Single parent & 1 child: $150
- Single parent & 2 children: $200
- Single parent & 3 children, or parents with 2 children: $250
- Single parent & 4 children, or parents with 3 children: $300
- Single parent & 5 children, or parents with 4 children: $350
- Single parent & 6 children, or parents with 5 children: $400
How to donate:
Complete our Non-Monetary Gift donation form - our Donation Coordinator will contact you to confirm your donation and arrange a drop-off time.
Drop off location is 21 Carlaw Ave. (Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm).
We do not provide tax receipts for non-monetary donations unless an exception has been made in writing in advance of drop-off.
Holiday Season Partners:
If you are interested in family sponsorship or can't deliver before December 12th and want families to receive gifts before December 25th, please contact one of our holiday partners.
For any further questions, please contact our In-Kind Coordinator at 416-915-5671 ext 234 or via email at email@example.com