Please note: We are currently only accepting the following listed items below. Please contact our Inkind Coordinator in advance to let us know about your donation as we may not be able to to take all items depending on our storage.
The needs at the shelters can change so it is best to contact us to ensure that we are able to accept your donation. If you would like to donate items to the Red Door, please contact our In-Kind Coordinator at 416-915-5671 ext 234 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The Red Door shelter is a non-scented organization and we do not accept donations of heavily scented items. Kindly keep that in mind before donating. We appreciate your cooperation to this matter.
As of October 17th, 2016 we are only accepting the following items:
- New and unused winter clothing item for all gender and sizes: jackets, coats, boots, gloves, socks, scarves, hats, etc.
- Feminine Hygiene products: pads and tampons
- Adult toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, deodorant, lip balm, toothbrushes, toothpastes, etc.
- New baby items: baby clothing, car seats, strollers
- Diapers (sizes 3-6)
- Baby toiletries: baby wipes, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- Gift baskets for new mothers (unisex arrangements if possible).
- Non-perishable food or Food Vouchers for our shelter food banks
- New household items: Toasters, microwaves, dish sets, cups, mugs, blenders, cutlery, etc.
- New sheets and towels.
- New toys for all ages
Please note: We cannot accept used toys, child cribs, change tables, car seats, play pens, stuffed animals, used undergarments, high chairs, used books, VHS movies, used computer equipment and items that are broken or in need of repair.
If you are interested in contributing furniture to our Moving Program, please visit our Moving Program page.
Donation Drop Off Centre
If you would like to donate any of the items listed above, please bring them to our head office location during the following drop off period: Please Note that only items on this list will be accepted.
Drop off Times Monday through Friday- 9 am to 5 pm
*Please note that you must call ahead to ensure that we are able to accept your donation at 416-915-5671 ext 234.
Drop off Location 21 Carlaw Avenue, Toronto, ON, M4M 2R6