You can help families get back on their feet and start again. Many families arrive at our shelter with little other than the clothes on their backs. By donating gift boxes of essential items for women and children you can make a difference when they arrive at the shelter or are moving out and starting a new home.
We encourage you to box or package items according to these categories:
- Winter Wear - jackets, boots, hats, mitts & scarves, snow pants
- Toiletries - body wash, lufas, lotion, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, women's hygiene etc.
- Kitchen - department store gift cards, cutlery, kitchen knife sets, plates, kettles, small appliances (toaster, microwave, blender, coffee maker, etc.)
- Bed and Bath - department store gift cards, sheets, towels, kids bedding
- Baby - clothing, formula, diapers (sizes 3 and up) & supplies
- Teen - gift cards (itunes, mall gift cards, etc.), age appropriate toys, books, toiletries/make-up, hair accessories
- Food - grocery store gift cards, non-perishable food
All items must be new and unwrapped. We will not be accepting used items during the holiday season. Boxes or baskets can be wrapped with clear cellophane.
If you are interested in this program please contact our Holiday Giving Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-915-5671 x234.
1) Are there any items I should avoid donating?
We will not be accepting used items at this time of the year. We are also not able to accept any inner clothing, only outerwear/winter wear (jackets, etc.). We will begin accepting used items and clothing as of January 22nd, 2018.
2) Are tax receipts available for donations?
Tax receipts will not be provided for in-kind donations. Only financial gifts of $20 or more are eligible for tax receipts.
3) What is the latest date that I can drop off gifts?
Last day for drop off of gifts: Monday December 11th, 2017.
Drop off Location: Red Door Family Shelter—Administrative Office
21 Carlaw Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4M 2R6
Drop off hours: 9:00am—5:30pm