Our food bank cupboards are nearly bare. We're in desperate need of non-perishable food donations for our weekly food bank. Our biggest needs are:
- canned fish (sardines, tuna, salmon, etc.)
- canned chickpeas
- peanut butter
- canned tomatoes.
If you can help please contact Denise at 416-915-5671 x234
Please note: We are currently only accepting the following listed items below. Please contact our Inkind Coordinator in advance to let us know about your donation as we may not be able to to take all items depending on our storage.
The needs at the shelters can change so it is best to contact us to ensure that we are able to accept your donation. If you would like to donate items to the Red Door, please contact our In-Kind Coordinator at 416-915-5671 ext 234 or via email at email@example.com
Please note: The Red Door shelter is a non-scented organization and we do not accept donations of heavily scented items. Kindly keep that in mind before donating. We appreciate your cooperation to this matter.
As of July 29th, 2016 we are accepting the following items:
- Gently used seasonal children clothing and shoes in smaller amounts (max of 2-3 large garbage bags)
- Household items: Toasters, microwaves, dish sets, cups, mugs, blenders, cutlery, etc.
- New baby items: baby clothing, baby baths.
- Gift baskets for new mothers (unisex arrangements if possible).
- Toiletries: shampoo, body wash, body lotion, toothbrushes, baby wipes, diapers (sizes 3-6), feminine hygiene products.
- Non-perishable food or Food Vouchers for our shelter food banks
Please note: We cannot accept used toys, child cribs, change tables, car seats, play pens, stuffed animals, used undergarments, high chairs, used books, VHS movies, used computer equipment and items that are broken or in need of repair.
We are only able to provide tax receipts for inkind donations that are donated with the receipt of purchase and are $20 and above.
If you are interested in contributing furniture to our Moving Program, please visit our Moving Program page.
Donation Drop Off Centre
If you would like to donate any of the items listed above, please bring them to our head office location during the following drop off period: Please Note that only items on this list will be accepted.
Drop off Times Monday through Friday- 9 am to 5 pm
*Please note that you must call ahead to ensure that we are able to accept your donation at 416-915-5671 ext 234.
Drop off Location 21 Carlaw Avenue, Toronto, ON, M4M 2R6