Ending family homelessness one family at a time.
The mission of the Red Door Shelter is to end homelessness for each family that comes through our doors by providing a safe, temporary refuge and critical services to support them in healing, rebuilding their lives and integrating back into a community.
As we strive to achieve our vision and mission we are committed to:
Quality - providing high quality, client-centred programs and working towards continuous improvement on behalf of the children and families we serve.
Caring - serving our families with respect, dignity, empathy and compassion, and celebrating the diversity and uniqueness of each individual.
Advocacy - working towards ending the cycles of violence and poverty through advocacy and empowerment of our clients.
Collaboration - building effective relationships among clients, volunteers, donors and staff, and seeking opportunities to form partnerships with the broader community.
Integrity - delivering accessible, flexible, and transparent services while acting with integrity in a professional, ethical, non-judgemental, honest manner at all times.
Accountability - measuring, achieving and reporting results and using funder and donor dollars wisely.
Red Door Strategic Plan 2012 - 2015
- Seeking an end to family homelessness through the provision of stable housing and innovative, client-driven programs and services.
- Working towards ending the cycles of violence and poverty by raising awareness about social justice issues at a community level.
- Strengthening local partnerships to support the provision of French Language services and to increase opportunities for our clients.
- Enhance supports for children and families through strengths-based programs, individual case-management, self-advocacy and life-skills to promote independent living.
- Establish stable, short term housing through securing a new permanent location for Red Door Shelter, and work towards a long term housing system geared to client needs.
- Collaborate with key partners such as Francophone shelters, schools and agencies to improve client services and build awareness.
- Ensure staff leadership through education and training to assist our team approach to identifying, developing and leading innovative programs to meet client needs.
- Ensure advocacy for the homeless through securing sufficient capital and operational funding for Red Door Shelter to continue to provide high quality community service.
- Ensure responsibility to stakeholders through reports and regular communication updates on our website and other social media.