Are you looking to promote team building and have fun while supporting an organization that provides critical support services to families in need of safe and supportive emergency shelter? This is an opportunity to build and strengthen your team while making a difference beyond your walls.
Following are some ideas for groups:
- Host a food drive.
- Host a gift drive to collect back-to-school supplies, toiletries or holiday gifts for our families.
- Sort in-kind donations and clean and organize donation rooms.
- Volunteer at a brunch sponsored by the group.
- Organize activities with the children's program.
- Organize an employee fundraiser at work – Please visit http://www.reddoorshelter.ca/special-events for ideas and guidelines.
Group commitments are often for one event or one day and many groups make it an annual event with Red Door. Please note, on-site (i.e. at the shelter) group volunteer activities are limited to 10-12 people due to space restrictions.
If you are interested in volunteering at Red Door Shelter as a group, please complete the Group Volunteer Application form.
Alternatively, you may contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org first to discuss your initiative.