Are you looking to promote team building and have fun while supporting an organization that provides critical support services to families in need of safe and supportive emergency shelter? This is an opportunity to build and strengthen your team while making a difference beyond your walls.
Here are some ways that groups can support the Red Door:
- Create a team for our Toronto Leslieville location of Coldest Night of the Year, which takes place on February 22, 2020; join the corporate and community challenge to compete with others in your industry.
- Host a food drive or a gift drive to collect back-to-school supplies, toiletries or holiday gifts for our families.
- Sort in-kind donations and clean and organize donation rooms (weekdays)
- Organize activities with the children's program (available on weeknights, or daytime during school breaks).
- Organize a fundraising event – please visit http://www.reddoorshelter.ca/special-events for ideas and guidelines.
- Build Red Door Care Kits for the families staying in the shelter – visit Kits for a Cause for more information.
On-site (i.e. at the shelter) group volunteer activities are limited to 10 people due to space restrictions. Due to the high level of interest in groups wanting to volunteer at the shelter, groups that also raise funds for our programs will take first priority.
If you are interested in volunteering at Red Door Shelter as a group, please complete the Group Volunteer Application form.
Alternatively, you may contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com first to discuss your initiative.