VOLUNTEERS AT THE RED DOOR
Volunteers are an important part of the Red Door team. Your contribution as a volunteer allows us to provide the best service and support to our families. Please note, volunteers at the shelter must be 15 years of age or older.
Volunteers provide support to many of our programs. Some of our volunteer positions include:
- Childcare Program Support
- Workshop Leaders
- Food Bank Support
- Donation Room Assistant
- Special Events (a few times per year)
- Specialty Volunteers - Do you have a special skill that you would like to share?
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Licensed Zumba Instructor
- Preschool Program (weekday mornings or afternoons)
- Homework Club (4-5pm on weekdays)
- Special Events (you'll receive an email whenever we have special events)
- Complete a volunteer application
- Attend an interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Submit to a criminal background check
We will review your volunteer application once it's been submitted, and we'll contact you if our current volunteer openings match your interests and availability. If no suitable position is available at this time, your application will be kept on file for a period of 6 months and will be considered for future volunteer openings.
Thank you again for your interest!
If you'd like to volunteer as a group, please click here
If you'd like to do your school placement with us, please email a resume and details of your placement requirements (start/date dates, hours per week, field of study) to email@example.com.
VOLUNTEERS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
Winston Churchill once said,
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”