VOLUNTEERS AT THE RED DOOR
Volunteers are an important part of the Red Door team. Your contribution as a volunteer allows us to provide the best service and support to our families.
Volunteers provide support to many of our programs and services, including:
- Children's Programs
- Homework Club
- Food Bank
- Donation Room
- Workshop Facilitation
- Yoga, Meditation and Fitness
- Special Events
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
- Responsibilities: In May, we'll be recruiting Community Ambassadors to represent Red Door at various fun events throughout the year, such as farmers markers, Sounds of Leslieville and Riverside, and Leslieville Beer Fest. Events are usually in the Leslieville area, on weekends or weeknights, and shifts are typically 4 hours in duration.
- Requirements: We ask that volunteers be available for a minimum of 4 events per year. Due to the nature of the role, we are looking for volunteers who are reliable, outgoing, friendly, and love speaking with strangers.
- Application: If you're interested in applying, please complete our volunteer application (details below), select Community Ambassador under Areas of Interest, and we'll be in touch in early May.
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PROCESS
Please note, volunteers at the shelter must be 15 years of age or older.
- Complete a volunteer application
- Attend an interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Submit a vulnerable sector criminal background check
We will review your volunteer application once it's been submitted, and we'll contact you if our current volunteer openings match your interests and availability. If no suitable position is available at this time, your application will be kept on file for a period of 6 months and will be considered for future volunteer openings. Please note, most of our volunteer positions are on weekdays or weeknights, other than special event volunteers.
Thank you again for your interest!
If you'd like to volunteer as a group, please click here.
To contact our Volunteer Coordinator, please email email@example.com.
Student Placements: We provide placements for students from Ryerson's Social Work program and George Brown's Social Service Worker program. Our placement spots for the 2019-2020 school year are now FULL and we are no longer accepting applications.
VOLUNTEERS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead