Volunteers are an important part of the Red Door team. Your contribution as a volunteer allows us to provide the best service and support to our families. If you are interested in volunteering at Red Door Shelter, please complete the volunteer-application form. Please note, volunteers at the shelter must be 15 years of age or older.
Prospective volunteers must follow the process below prior to beginning their volunteer placement:
- Complete a volunteer application
- Attend an interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Submit to a criminal background check
Volunteers provide support to many of our programs. Some of our volunteer positions include:
- Childcare Program Support
- Workshop Leaders
- Food Bank Support
- Donation Room Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
- Special Events (a few times per year)
- Specialty Volunteers - Do you have a special skill that you would like to share?
Currently have ONLY openings in the following areas:
- Special Events - you'll receive an email whenever we have special events
- (Licensed) Zumba Instructor
Thank you again for your interest! We will review your volunteer application once it's been submitted, and we'll contact you if our current volunteer openings match your interests and availability. If no suitable position is available at this time, your application will be kept on file for a period of 6 months and will be considered for future volunteer openings.
If you'd like to volunteer as a group, please click here
VOLUNTEERS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
Winston Churchill once said,
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”