VOLUNTEERS AT THE RED DOOR
Volunteers are an important part of the Red Door team. Your contribution as a volunteer allows us to provide the best service and support to our families.
Volunteers provide support to many of our programs. Some of our volunteer positions include:
- Childcare Program Support
- Homework Club
- Food Bank Support
- Donation Room Support
- Workshop Leaders
- Special Events (a few times per year)
- Specialty Volunteers - Do you have a special skill that you would like to share?
Please note, volunteers at the shelter must be 15 years of age or older.
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
Lace up your winter boots and join us in our first-ever Coldest Night of the Year fundraising walk! On February 22, 2020, our teams will be walking in the Leslieville neighbourhood along with people from across Canada who will be walking together to support the homeless, hungry, and hurting in our communities. There are many ways you can help.
Learn more and register at www.cnoy.org/torontoleslieville.
- We don't have any available in-shelter volunteer openings at this time. If you'd like, please complete our volunteer application and we'll contact you if a spot opens up in the next six months that meets your interests and availability. Alternatively, please consider getting some friends together to support the work we do through group volunteering: https://www.reddoorshelter.ca/volunteer/groups-teams
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete a volunteer application
- Attend an interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Submit a vulnerable sector criminal background check
We will review your volunteer application once it's been submitted, and we'll contact you if our current volunteer openings match your interests and availability. If no suitable position is available at this time, your application will be kept on file for a period of 6 months and will be considered for future volunteer openings. Please note, most of our volunteer positions are on weekdays or weeknights, other than special event volunteers.
Thank you again for your interest!
If you'd like to volunteer as a group, please click here.
To contact our Volunteer Coordinator, please email email@example.com.
Student Placements: We provide placements for students from Ryerson's Social Work program and George Brown's Social Service Worker program. Our placement spots for the 2019-2020 school year are now FULL and we are no longer accepting applications.
VOLUNTEERS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead