VOLUNTEERS AT THE RED DOOR
Volunteers are an important part of the Red Door team. Your contribution as a volunteer allows us to provide the best service and support to our families. Please note, volunteers at the shelter must be 15 years of age or older.
Volunteers provide support to many of our programs. Some of our volunteer positions include:
- Childcare Program Support
- Workshop Leaders
- Food Bank Support
- Donation Room Assistant
- Special Events (a few times per year)
- Specialty Volunteers - Do you have a special skill that you would like to share?
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Licensed Zumba or Belly Dance Instructor
- Special Events (you'll receive an email whenever we have special events)
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete a volunteer application
- Attend an interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Submit a vulnerable sector criminal background check
We will review your volunteer application once it's been submitted, and we'll contact you if our current volunteer openings match your interests and availability. If no suitable position is available at this time, your application will be kept on file for a period of 6 months and will be considered for future volunteer openings. Please note, most of our volunteer positions are on weekdays or weeknights, other than special event volunteers.
Thank you again for your interest!
Please note, our volunteer opportunities for the holidays are currently fully booked.
Our student placement opportunities are all full for the 2018-2019 school year.
If you'd like to volunteer as a group, please click here.
To contact our Volunteer Coordinator, please email email@example.com.
VOLUNTEERS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead